Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The beginning..well not really...The middle, but kind of the beginning.

So obviously did not start posting when I said I would. I could blame it all on my incredibly crazy busy life, but unfortunately, that is not the only reason. You see, at times, and with certain things, I have found that I am a procrastinator. Well that is putting it kind of gentle like, sometimes I'm just too lazy.... but, I am busy too... smiles. I'm writing now so... let just see how it goes. This would be a little bit easier though, if I could type more than 10 words per minute. You think I'm lying, but I really just counted and it was 10, ok 11 but one of the words was "a" and I don't think that should count. What would be a good number anyway? 25, 40, 150, I have no clue and that is probably for the best, I don't need to know how bad I am at this. Wow, I talk a lot even when I'm not talking....smiles! (FYI, I say smiles whenever I, or anyone else makes me smile or giggle a little bit. I make myself giggle way too easily, but I guess there are worse things.) Ok, ok, ok, so why have I decided today of all days is the day I will sit at the computer and record my thoughts and doings? I will try to explain and in the process I hopefully will not confuse too many people. Wish me luck, I confuse myself all the time, at the very least I am an emotional, hormonal, and physical roller coaster. I have a love hate relationship with roller coasters.

This morning started the same as most of my mornings. The alarm went off at 4:56 a.m. and I hopped out bed in hopes that it would not wake my prince of a man who sleeps next to me. We have, unfortunately, been keeping different sleep schedules since I started work in January. Anyway, I "hopped" out of my bed and to the dresser where I clumsily turned off the alarm and then I kicked my red platform heels (very cute, by the way) that I should have put away two days ago. I then hobbled to the bathroom. It was on the way back from the bathroom, in front of the vanity mirror, that I started having the conversation with myself. You know the conversation;
Do I really want to work out? Lost was on last night, and I stayed up for it! Don't I deserve an extra hour of sleep? Oh, and I'm sure you've all used this one... Why does it even matter after what I ate last night? It totally wasn't my fault that Jack in the Box was giving out free sandwiches, I mean FREE, all I had to do was buy a really BIG soda. Nobody can blame me if It wasn't diet, the sandwich wasn't low calorie, why pair it with a watered down soda? Ok so I didn't "need" a shake but it had been a "chocolate" day, and when the little girl behind the speaker thingy told me that if I made it a large I could have another FREE sandwich well........
You get the picture, I had made my case, I was going back to bed and leaving exercise in the fate of the rest of my day. Then it happened, the voice, the voice of reason, or what I believe, help from a Heavenly Father who loves me, either way I heard it. I was reminded that going back to bed was not going to help me get rid of those two free sandwiches, large soda, and half of a very big chocolate shake. I then did what any well adjusted grown adult, mature mother of six would do... I stood there looking at my not so perfect body, and I cried, and cried, and then I worked out.
I decided that I need to to something a little different, I need to be accountable to someone or many someones that aren't me....I'm way to unstable... smiles. I want to start posting my daily exercise and food intake along with daily experiences that make me, me. Eventually I also want to add pictures of my family and so on, but for now this is for me. I need the motvation and at some point I would like to motivate others. I hope that this can become a place where friends and family share their motivation, tips , and maybe even some healthy recipes. I figure I'll never know who's checking in on me, so I'll have to "try" a little harder.
As for the title of this section, I refer to this as "The Middle" because I have not just started dieting and exercising. No, this last attempt has been going on for a little over a year. Don't worry, I have made some progress. I started 2009 at a short and round (can't believe I'm putting it out there) 230lbs. FYI, at 5'1 that is very short and very round!! This morning I weighed in at 185lbs. Before you are too excited for me, I did visit the 160's for about a week in October, but that was before the Hollidays and, oh ya, FREE food! I went from a very tight size 18 to a tight size 12, and I am a work in progress ... in more ways than one. I want to lose about 60 more pounds but, despite what I wrote about crying in front of the mirror, I'm actually Ok with myself and my body right now, but there is always room for improvement. Well, there you are, hopefully it will be worth your time to check in with me every once in a while.... I'll pretend people are checking in everyday. First challenge in a half hour...meeting a friend at El Torito. Is there anything low calorie at El Torito?

2 comments:

  1. so did you find anything low cal at El torito??? I think there is something most everywhere. Wow you are brave and now you are accountable too! :)
    Love reading YOU!!! It is just so... YOU! And I happen to like YOU, so that works out well!
    Hang in there. I am doing a cleanse this next week... it is great but SUPER hard. I will come here to complain -- is that ok??? haha...
    Love ya!! Keep on postin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now that I have your blog address, I WILL be checking in everyday. No joke. Blog-surfing is about all I do online, and now you are on my list. Maybe you will motivate me too. I made a NY's resolution to lose 12 lbs. Instead, I've already put on 8. No joke. So now I have 20 to lose. Eek. I'll be watching you! Love you sister.

    ReplyDelete