Friday, February 26, 2010

Not too bad...

When I woke up yesterday morning my coversation with myself was a little different. I knew I was going to have to report in so there wasn't a question of whether or not I would exercise, it was more... what video was I going to put on? The 4 mile walk the day before was still being felt in my knee with every step, so it was going to have to be something low impact. I walked slowly down the hall until I found the light switch, and then made my way into the kitchen to grab a glass of water. When I reached the kitchen, there it was, glorious and completley awful. On any other day I would love running into "a friend" so early in the morning, but not today. Not when I had promised myself that I was going to share everything about this part of my life. Who is this friend you ask? Maybe the question you should ask is.. Is Sherri really as weird as I think she is right now? To answer the later, I'm way more weird than this.. way! My friend on this particular morning was nothing more than a half eaten chocolate cubscout cake that my nine year old had made and decorated the day before. Pathetic, you may think to yourself. To that I might suggest that you have never had chocolate cake with homade buttercreme frosting before 7am. It ranks pretty high on my all time favorites list. You would have thought that seeing all the funky colored sprinkles on top of it might have changed my mind, but no. I swear I could smell it through the air tight purple tupperware "cake taker." A decision was made, and I don't know if I'd make the same decision right this minute, I've never written down the calories I consume before the rest of my family awakes. I think it would be a scary number. So on this morning I made friends with my  yoga video instead.(40min) The rest of my day was uneventful and is recorded as follows: Breakfast - Whole grain blueberry oatmeal with milk(145cal)That's not counting at least 15 calories I fed the microwave when it boiled over. Smiles. Snack - 1 organic gala apple and 10 walnut pieces.(200). Lunch - 2 grilled chicken and pesto pizzas with lots of veggies on whole wheat tortillas. Very Yummy.(500) Dinner - I wasn't really hungry until later so I ate 1cup organic rolled oats cooked with 1 cup fat free milk, cinnamon, and splenda.(400) Total for the day 1245 calories. I exercised one more time, pilates.(20min) Total exercise, 1 hour.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite is the "that's not counting at least 15 cal I fed the microwave" haha you should have been a writer ;) Props for working out! I would have eaten the cake...and then maybe work out after... haha So I admire you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. You look FABULOUS! I still remember that day you and Scott introduced me to the Big Mac. haha we've come a long way since then! :)

    ReplyDelete