Monday, March 29, 2010

forgot to mention

Saturday night I had to make a last minute run to super walmart for stuff needed for my Sunday lesson. I can't seem to go to the store and not look around, I think part of it is just the quiet time. Anyway, I saw a pair of cute black capris and I thought I should try some on. I don't really have extra money so I knew I could not buy them unless I could buy them in a smaller size, oops, should not have gone there. I grabbed a pair of 8 - 10's, I totally should've known better. There I was, at walmart, at 11:30pm(not my skinniest time of day) standing in the dressing room with a positive attitude ..Ha Ha. So I stepped into them one foot at a time, you know, the usual way, and started pulling them up. I made it past my ankles and knees with hardly any effort, searching for the positive can't you tell? My thighs presented a much Bigger problem (literally). There is nothing more hilariously gross then shimmying way too much flesh into something smaller than itself. I was determined so onward I went, bouncing, shoving, shaking, and tucking as much of myself into these capris as I could. Wonders of wonders, they went up. It was not comfortable, infact I couldn't move, but they were up. I used newly aquired arm muscles to button up, I was scared that the button was going to go flying so I sucked in as much as I could. Last project, zipping the zipper. It is harder than one would think to push your belly in with hand because at this point my blubbery belly had only one escape route( the zipper hole), and then use the other hand to pull the zipper up, very ...slowly. Success!!! You think I would be really depressed at the way I looked, but no, I had accomplished the impossible. Did I buy the pants, ofcourse not!, they hurt and looked ridiculous!! But I left walmart happy, go figure. I make myself happy way too easy. New goal ... fit a size 10 by my birthday ... that's 6 weeks. Yay!!

5 comments:

  1. Woohoo!!! That is always a fabulous feeling. I have a really comfy pair of size 10 capris you can have when you get there. It can be your bday present!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a pair of jeans on ebay a few weeks ago. I can barely squeeze into them, it is very very painful, and not so nice to look at. They now sit on a shelf alone in my closet where I see them everytime I get dressed. They are my goal pants. Some day I will look smokin hot in them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an inspiration! And yes Sherri... we will make it there by our bdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought a goal outfit today. Yay! You make me laugh. I can imagine you telling this story to a group of people and me dying laughing through the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete