Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Stop raining already...

Is it just me, or is hard for anybody else to snack on veggies and drink lots of water when it is raining outside. AAHHH!  Yesterday, not my best day, I only did 20 minutes of exercise total. I ended up eating lots of oatmeal, my (healthy) comfort food of choice lately. Calories are as follows: Breakfast - Oatmeal.(200) Sanck - Apple and walnuts.(200) Lunch - Chicken tamale,(300) 3/4th cup black beans(160) Dinner - Oatmeal, a full cup(400)Total for the day 1260 calories and not enough exercise.

I decided that today I was going to get my walk in no matter what, why did it have to rain?  I woke up with a headache and I didn't have a great night sleep, unlike yesterday however, I did not push the snooze and go back to bed. I got up and walked out to the living room and sat down in the middle of the floor. I then stayed there sitting staring at the tv screen for about fifteen minutes. I forgot to mention that the tv was not turned on, nope, I just sat there looking at the screen trying to convince myself that for some reason I didn't need to exercise today. After way to much time I got off my bum and up onto my knees, I said a prayer, then exercised.(30min)   When I got home from work I had a lot of running around to do and since the weather had cleared up, I went. After I got home and before I could walk, it started pouring. I did the only thing I could do, the treadmill was not an option with a headache, so I went outside in the rain and did my 4 miles.(75min) I am thankful for my son Anthony who was willing to go the 4 miles on his scooter and keep me company in the rain. Total exercise 1 hr 45 min. I added a little variety to my menu for the day. Breakfast - 2 eggs,(200) 1/2  of a grapefruit,(20) and a cup of milk.(90) Lunch ,I tried something new, 1/2 of a whole wheat bbq ranch wrap from Togos. Loved it!(320) Snack - carrots, cucumbers and walnuts.(150) Dinner - Oatmeal.(200) Dessert - 1 2inch lemon bar.(143) Total calories 1123.

No comments:

Post a Comment