Friday, March 19, 2010

The Joys of being a girl !

First of all, I obviously need to catch up on the last couple of days, so here it goes. I have been doing a really good job, when you start a low carb diet it needs to be all or nothing ( I've learned that over the last 6 years). I've stayed under 20g of carbs per day and exercised at least 1 1/2hrs per day.  Having said that... I am a Girl !! This fact (unfortunate at times) means that at least one week  during the month my weight climbs higher and higher and higher for no apparent reason other than to make me feel 30lbs heavier and make me want to give up on dieting, exercise,  oh,and day to day life. Am I not the most positive person you know? Smiles. So what do I do when all I want is a big fatty brownie and a pair of baggy sweats? I have no feakin idea. What I do know is, that this is the time I can not give up, I have to have faith that diet and exercise will do it's job even when the stupid scale is trying to lie to me ( not in a good way like my mirror). So as I said before, I'm sticking to it.

As you can probably tell, I haven't been in the best frame of mind the last couple of days. I didn't post because I figure I want to motivate more than bring people down. This is real life though, and I am not Mrs. Brady, raising six kids with a constant smile on my face. Wednessday was a tough day for me, although I can already look back and see the humor in it...kind of. The morning was very funny to me because I was not present for the pudding fight between my youngest two. My husband was not laughing when he called me at work, but when he described what he was cleaning up as looking like, "poop flung on the walls" I lost it. That coversation kept me in a good mood for most of the work day but by the time I got home the "blehs" were back. I was not motivated to exercise so I decided to be creative and have my oldest drop me off almost four miles away so I would have no choice but to get myself home. I felt a little bad because I was not going to be home when Nathan and Emily got home, but I knew Nate could take care of her for about an hour,so I went. Soon after being dropped off Nate called and said he had scouts and he did not want to leave Emily by herself ...good boy. I had to have another parent (thanks Ruth) take Stephi home so she could watch Em. Stephi was now ticked, but I was determined. Half way through my walk Stephanie called me and said Timmy had called 20 min ago needing a ride home golf practice but at that point there was nothing I could do, I was still about 40 min from home, he was going to have to wait. Around this time Hormonal Harry or "Scary Sherri" showed up, so I continued to walk down the street with my face all red and now tears streaming down my face because I felt like such a bad mom. I called my husband and he calmed me down a little bit saying every one will survive and it was no big deal. That held me over until I got home and went and picked up Timmy. By this time Steph and Tim are both ticked, Nathan is at scouts, Anthony had just got home from track, Kimberly is at work and Emily stepped through the front door wearing....  a shirt and tights.. Nothing Else !! My little girl went to school that way! The shirt was at least long enough to cover her bum, but Really? That was it!  All I could do is lock myself in my room, turn on the food channel (a sad substitute for brownies), and cry. How is that for a peak into my head. I know, I know, all of you who know Scott have a new found respect for him staying married to me for the last almost 19yrs. Well heres to the next 3 to 7 days,  may the food channel be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment