Friday, March 26, 2010

My own advice

This morning has started in away that I think I should start this post by following my own advice from yesterday's " Tip of the Day." Here it goes ... I am thankful for the chance to start over each new day with the opportunity to be better than the day before, and the knowledge that if I don't reach perfection that day, there is always tomorrow. I am thankful for children who drive me crazy, so that in the moments when they don't, I can see what good kids I have and feel an overwhelming love for these little (getting bigger) people in my life. I am so very thankful for a husband who loves me, always, when I'm grumpy and crying or happy and laughing, when I'm 230 lbs or leaving him with the kids so I can go on a 4 mile walk to get myself to a more reasonable weight. I'm thankful for those of you who leave comments and help motivate me on my "quest."  smiles. One last thing for today, I'm thankful for the knowledge that there is a reason for all of this. That I am not making myself a better person just to be put in the ground someday but to go on after this life and to love those I love now and to see those I haven't seen in a while. My brother Mark has been in my thoughts latley, can you tell? There are so many other things that I'm thankful for, but for now remembering these things has put me in a much better mood.

Wednessday, here is what I ate... Breakfast - Steak and 2 eggs(0 carbs) You wouldn't really think of those as a free food on any other diet. Snack - Atkins shake(1 carb)  Lunch - Big salad .. lettuce, cucuber, cheese, eggs, bacon, and ranch dressing.(4 carbs) Round Table pizza .. topping only, 3 slices chicken bacon(1 carb), 3 slices pepperoni(3 carbs). Dinner - 3 sausage patties(3 carbs), glass of Postom with cinnamon (3 carbs). Dessert - 1 cream cheese mini mixed with splenda and lemon juice (2 carbs), yummy. Total for the day 17 grams of carbs. Exercise ( don't judge) only 20min Pilates.

Thursday. Breakfast - Atkins shake(1carb) Lunch - Half of a chicken(0 carbs), and a ceasar salad minus the croutons(2 carbs) Snack - Chicken Jerky(6 carbs), kinda weird but OK, and some honey roasted peanuts(2 carbs). Dinner - Steak taco salad with out the tortilla(4 carbs), 1 glass Postom(3 carbs). Dessert - 1 mini cream cheese with splenda and lime juice(2 carbs). Exercise ( a little better) 4 mile walk, total of 1hr.

4 comments:

  1. Looking at what creative things you eat everyday makes me hungry for good food :) Thanks for posting on my blog, yea we picked out Adam Nathaniel Cook for our boy (middle name is tradition I didn't really have a say, hehe) We like it a lot, love you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey 20 minutes of exercise is better than nothing! At least you got that in for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wondering as I read the last couple posts..what is postom??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Postom is drink that I grew up on. Some people call it Mormon Coffee, but there are no coffee beans in it, pretty much it's barley. Growing up we would add milk and lots of sugar to the hot water and barley. I use cream and splenda now. Postom stopped production and sold out for good about two years ago, when I heard they were going to stop selling I bought all the jars I could find. I'm down to a jar and a half.

    ReplyDelete